Saturday, December 27, 2014

The "New Normal" Brownie Recipe

So before I write about me, my new blog and what I will blog about, I have to share my "New Normal" Brownie recipe. I call it " New Normal" because it's the only brownie I make, eat and share with friends since it's healthy and has become the new normal in my house. I have been making these for about a year now and finally decided to documented it to share ( new years resolutions/goals) the proper way instead of texting something like this....
"grab a can of chic peas, mix in 1 egg, 2 whites, like a cup of whipped choc peanut butter, 1/2tsp b soda mix some honey then add choc chips bake 350 done"
So, here is my soon to be famous healthy brownie recipe that you will make, love and call it your own.  They are full of fiber, natural sugar and good stuff!

The " New Normal" Brownies aka Healthy Brownies

1 15oz can Chickpeas ( Garbanzo Beans) drained and rinsed
1 egg
2 egg whites
1 cup healthy peanut butter ( I use Peanut Butter & Co.) White Choc Wonderful or Dark Choc Dreams
1/2 cup raw honey ( I use local Raw Honey from Jenny D's Bees, see listing below)
1 teaspoon good vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt ( pink Himalayan)
1 tablespoon raw organic cacao power **
1 teaspoon raw organic chai seeds **
1 teaspoon raw acai powder **
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup trail mix ( your preference)

** optional** I love adding highly beneficial powders in baking

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175C).  Grease a 9" round cake pan, set aside.

Using a Cuisinart or blender of choice, puree the chickpea's with the egg and egg whites.  Now add in the peanut butter, honey, vanilla, baking soda and salt.  Add in the optional ingredients if you have them.

Now fold in with a spatula the choc chips and trail mix.  Pour the mixture into your cake pan and bake for 30 minutes. Enjoy! 

In this batch I used the White Chocolate Wonderful.  I also use the Dark Chocolate Dreams and if I am out of that I will use Teddys.  People tell me they use almond butter, chunky peanut butter and that Trader Joes Cookie Butter!


As for the local raw honey, I use Jenny D's Honey.  She lives in Kingston and sells her honey at Bongis, Acorn Canning Co in Marshfield, Snug Harbor Fish in Duxbury just to name a few as well as local farmers markets.  We use plenty of this honey in our house, it's a good thing she's related!!  I will post contact information as well as a full listing of locations for Jenny D's Honey soon.

And here is the final product!  This pan does not last 24 hours in my house, we are lucky if it lasts 12:)
The trail mix I added at the end had caramels in it, that was a good batch!

Everyone who has tried these love them and starts making them.  I suggest using a chocolate peanut butter and a fun trail mix to test on the kids the first time.  Jiff makes a whipped chocolate peanut butter that works really well for a deep chocolate taste.

Send me pictures of your brownies or pictures of everyone enjoying them! Follow me on Instagram @ERICA_LAFRANCE and   Direct message me or tag me :)

Happy New Year in 2015 !











No comments:

Post a Comment