Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Just lucky me and the Snowy Owl


Today was a normal day, until I decided to walk at lunch and at the time I was in Marshfield, so I drove to the beach the back way through Green Harbor.  I always park in the parking lot for Duxbury residents just over the Powder Point Bridge, but today since I was coming in through Duxbury Beach Park, I pulled over and parked at Blakeman's.  These days I bring my nice camera with me in case I see a Snowy Owl.  Well kids, today was my lucky day.  In more ways than one.

I walked over the path to the beach all bundled up like a eskimo with only my eyes showing, look to my right and there it is.  The Snowy Owl.  My heart is racing. Lucky for me I have my Nikon around my neck!

There he is....wow, my lucky day:)

 So I walk very slow to get a closer view and better pictures....here are a few.
Looking at the bay..


Almost eye contact



Oh hi, my name is Erica, what is yours?


Watching the ocean




As I got closer, he flew off to the left towards Green Harbor.





He landed down the beach so I walked over to take more pictures...


He flew up to the fence

Headed down to the water....he was just all over the place!





 In the midst of all this picture taking, I walked away toward the 4 wheen drive section to actually walk and get my exercise I was there for.  When I came back, he was sitting on the fence.  Just where I left him.  The entire time he was on the beach, only one other person was walking and had the pleasure of seeing him and taking some pictures.  We were the lucky ones today:)
Where I left him...on the fence

Picture Perfect




And there he goes
Wow, what a great walk on the beach today.  It's funny, my husband always asks me why I drive down to the beach and walk when we have a neighborhood next to us that is a great loop to walk and I tell him the same thing every time.  The beach changes everyday and you never know what you will see.  I adore walking the beach.  It's peaceful, beautiful and resets the soul.

Not only was I lucky to see this Snowy Owl, I found a piece of dark red sea glass.  Red is rare and I have never seen this color before.  This is my second piece of red ever. In the light its really red.  Just yesterday I found a large green marble.  The beach brings amazing sea glass in the winter months when there is less foot traffic!
Dark Red Sea Glass!!
Large green frosted sea glass marble  

Here are a few more shots taken today at the beach.  I always post great pictures of the beach and my finds so follow lucky lady on Facebook and Instagram

Click here for Facebook   Lucky Lady on Facebook
Click here for Instagram    Lucky Lady on Instagram

Blue Sea Glass

Brown Hear Sea Glass


Frozen Bay overlooking Clarks Island

Frozen Sand Design

Green Sea Glass

No comments:

Post a Comment