Thursday, February 19, 2015

Snowsquall on my beach walk. Shocker.

My favorite tree, now my favorite picture.
My favorite tree looked amazing today.  The water capturing the reflection, the ity bitty icebergs and the ducks.  Perfect.  Tomorrow I will print this for my dear friend for her desk at work and one for my house and maybe I will add it to the note cards I am selling on my website.  Yes, I will.  That will make a beautiful card.

Snowaquall: is a sudden moderately heavy snowfall with blowing snow and strong, gusty surface winds. It is often referred to as a whiteout and is similar to a blizzard but is localized in time or in space and snow accumulations may or may not be significant.

 
A snowsquall during my walk today


Since we are blanketed in over 58.765 inches in snow, I have not been out to the beach to walk in a while.  If you read my blog you would have seen my attempt last Wednesday getting on the beach to walk.   Today I drove over the bridge and I felt like I was in a movie.  The Powder Point Bridge was covered in at least 6 inches of snow with just one track from other cars going over. 

Powder Point Bridge  2/19/2015


After 2 blizzards and 1 big snow storm, Duxbury Beach is covered in snow and has taken a beating but is still standing.  All the fencing and posts can be replaced and the back road was worked on from the first Blizzard but I am sure they will need some help this spring.  I took some pictures today and the only thing that came to mind was Lobster Trap Alley.  I must have seen 18 traps washed up.  I'm sure there is more and that is probably $2,000 in gear lost by fisherman which stinks but is part of the job.


Lobster Tray Alley


I got out of the car with the intentions of climbing over 4-5 feet of snow to get to the beach and much to my surprise, the path to the beach was packed down and I walked right on.   Mind you, I walked right on at the top of the fence.

Walkway onto the beach from parking lot, walking next to top of fence



Cool line at the ocean edge


Even looking into the parking lot from coming off the beach looks like a scene from The Day After Tomorrow.    I guess you could say I am totally mystified about this snow as I have been for the past two weeks just watching it accumulate and take over everything.. 

I'm standing at the highest point walking off the beach


So I took my walk.  My boots are pretty old and one is blown out in the back making it easy for snow to get in it so within 5 minutes my feet were soaked and cold.  Oh well, life could be worse and eventually they would get better, right?  No.  Time to retire them.

A Large Sea Clam...lunch for friends with wings:)

My little bird friend.  I think I see him on all my walks.   He's a hungry little fellow.


He never moved.  He just kept eating.  I guess we all would.


Today was good for photos.  Here is a few things I liked.

Amazing sea glass. light blue bottle bottom.   looks like a bird or dolphin?

Lobster Trap Alley

Blue Lobster

Aqua Sea Glass Marble

Walkway to beach

The ocean is beautiful anytime

cool ice patterns

Amazing, the walkway full to the top
Purple Crab
 Who knew the beach would have so many pretty colors on my walk in February.  Fascinating.

Heart shaped quahog shell

cool mussel shell


I typically walk from the parking lot out to the 4 wheel drive section.  I have watched the poles, they mark where the 4 wheel drive section starts, and today we lost one.  Man Down.  That must have been some big waves to take this down.

posts that mark the 4 wheel drive section

this is the walkway from the beach rd to the start of the 4 wheel drive section.  It's now a 6-8 foot drop.  It's going to be tricky with a cooler and chair!
It's snowing. 

Orange Ball

Gurnet Light

On my way out to the beach I took a few shots that caught my eye.  Glad to see the seagulls making the best of the mini icebergs.

Seagull Island

Gurnet from Powder Point at very high tide
Considering the elements and my wet feet, I enjoyed my walk today and all it had to offer. You never know what you will come by on the beach since it changes every tide.

This summer I will have to take some similar photos and compare and by then the copious amount of snow will be a memory we will all be laughing about.  Fat chance right?!  More like hope we never get a month of snow this bad ever again!

Feel free to use any photo, just make sure I get some street cred for it.

thanks all and have a good night..
xoxoxoox  erica

Follow me on FACEBOOK
Follow me on INSTAGRAM
Follow me on TWITTER ( I still don't get twitter?)

Check out my websites too!  Because I know you all have endless hours to look at my life and work...

www.luckyladylafrance.com

www.avaandersonnontoxic.com./ericalafrance

Remember:  What you put on your skin is just as important as what you put in your body:)








No comments:

Post a Comment